Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital understands the significance and the complexities of women health. The Department of Gynaecologist At Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital is equipped to address all women-related health issues and is well maintained by a team of experienced medical professionals headed by Dr. Shivali Makkar to provide complete care to the woman of today. The department is well equipped and supported by latest diagnostic technology; state of the art operative infrastructure and well developed surgical and post-surgery protocols.
The Department of Gynaecologist At Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital provides holistic care to address the commonest to the rarest complication- urinary incontinence, adolescent hygiene, pre-marital counseling, sexual health counseling, breast and ovarian care and other gynecological issues. Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital is undoubtedly the best gynecology center in East Delhi.
Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital with its rich medical expertise has a hold of the best gynaecologists in East Delhi and can provide complete care to the women of all age groups – ranging from 13 yrs of age to old age. The doctors of repute provide exceptional care to guide women life make a healthy life. The interventions proposed by Gynaecologist At Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital are specialist in all the problems starting from surgery to:
- Hysterectomy, Pap Smear & Colposcopy
- Endometriosis treatment, Cysts, and Fibroids treatment
- Prolapse treatment, to medical interventions such as – thyroid, PCOD, Premenstrual syndrome treatment
- Urinary Incontinence surgery
- Contraception counseling for family planning.
In comparison to the other gynaecologist in Delhi, Gynaecologist At Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital pays attention towards the importance of prevention and precaution in women. The Department of Gynecologist At Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital addresses the same by promoting annual seminar and Breast Examination Sessions.
The department of Gynaecologist At Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital also has exceptional expertise in taking care of women with PCOD, infertility and thyroid issues along with providing medical and surgical approaches to take care of the same.
The Department of Gynaecologist At Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital boasts of the best gynaecologists in Delhi. Through their expert supervision, the department also provides extensive sexual health counseling to the women and provides HPV Vaccination. The gynecologists have in-depth experience to provide information and management for a range f infections- Urinary Tract Infection, Pelvic Inflammatory Infection, etc.
Disorders and prevention :
Treatment of Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) by Gynaecologist At Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a form of emotional, psychological and physical distress and irregularity that occur in women after ovulation and ends with the beginning of her menstrual flow. Most common indications include mood swings, acne, food cravings, tender breasts, bloating, fatigue, depression, and irritation. Not every woman may encounter PMS, but most do, and they tend to experience it in an expected monthly pattern.
Causes of Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
The exact reason behind PMS is not known, but doctors believe that it’s related to the communications between a woman’s sex hormones and brain chemicals (neurotransmitters). Other predictable reasons may include:
- Hormonal imbalance and changes
- Prevailing undiagnosed depression
- Change in amount of serotonin, a brain chemical responsible for depression and sleep issues
Treatments of Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
There are no specific treatments for PMS, but the doctor may examine the most affecting symptoms and provide a solution specific to that problem. You may be suggested for any of these:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for breast discomfort and cramps
- Change in lifestyle habits like exercising, sleeping or eating patterns
- Hormonal preventatives that relieve ovulation
- Antidepressants in rare cases
While most women experience light symptoms, for some women, the symptoms may be critical enough to affect their regular functioning and concentration. This is known as Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD) and is the time when you should see a gynaecologist. Contact Gynaecologist At Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital if you find any of these symptoms urgently.
Treatment of Endometriosis by Gynaecologist At Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital
Endometriosis is a painful disease under which the tissue that lines the inside of the uterus starts growing outside the uterus. Endometriosis mostly involves ovaries, Fallopian tubes and the tissue that borders the pelvis.
Common symptoms of endometriosis include:
- Pain while intercourse
- Painful periods
- Excessive bleeding in periods
- Pain with bowel movements or urination
- Also, the symptoms include nausea, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, or fatigue
Causes of endometriosis
The exact cause of endometriosis is not specific, but the possible explanations include:
- Transformation of peritoneal cells
- Retrograde menstruation
- Embryonic cell transformation
- Endometrial cells transport
- Surgical scar implantation
- Immune system disorder
- Risk factors of endometriosis
There are some factors that can increase your risk of developing endometriosis. These include:
- Early age periods
- Never having given birth
- Short menstrual cycles
- Menopause at an older age
- Low body mass index
- High levels of estrogen
- Alcohol consumption
- Uterine abnormalities
- One or more relatives with endometriosis
- Medical conditions that prevent normal passage of menstrual flow
- Complications of endometriosis
The main complications that may arise in patients suffering from endometriosis are:
Infertility, Ovarian cancer
Diagnosis of endometriosis
There are a few tests to monitor for any physical clues that signal endometriosis. These include:
- Pelvic exam
Treatment of endometriosis
The various treatments for endometriosis normally include either medications or surgery. The choice of treatment depends on the severity of the symptoms as well as your plans related to pregnancy.
- Conservative treatments are the primary choice while surgery is the last choice.
- Pain medications, Hormone therapy, are also options but It’s not a permanent fix as symptoms may come back after stopping the treatment
- Therapies used to treat endometriosis include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists, and antagonists,
- Progestin therapy
- Conservative surgery
- Assisted reproductive technologies
Contact Gynaecologist At Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital if you find any of these symptoms urgently.
Treatment of PCOD or Polycystic Ovarian by Gynaecologist At Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital
PCOD or Polycystic Ovarian syndrome is a health state in which poly or multiple cysts get formed in the ovaries. In PCOD, a woman has abnormal levels of hormones that cause problems with menses and make it difficult to get pregnant. Cysts are small sacs filled with fluid. PCOD may also cause unwanted modifications to the body making the woman develop masculine features.
It’s mandated to treat PCOD. If not treated it can lead to serious health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease.
What causes PCOD?
The exact cause of PCOD is not known, yet it is believed that hormonal imbalances and genetics are the main causes. Women whose mother or sister also has PCOD, have more chances of developing it.
What are the symptoms of PCOD?
The symptoms of PCOD include –
- Irregular periods
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight
- Infertility and miscarriage
- Hair thinning
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back
- Oily skin, acne, and dandruff
- High blood pressure
How is PCOD diagnosed?
There is no specific test to diagnose PCOD. However, to diagnose the condition, the doctor will evaluate the patient’s medical history and symptoms and also perform tests to eliminate other possible conditions.
Tests that can be performed to diagnose PCOD include
- Physical and pelvic examination can also be done to look for signs such as swollen ovaries or a swollen clitoris
- Blood tests are done to measure whether the hormone levels are balanced
- Thyroid function tests to check the thyroid hormone levels
- Fasting glucose tests to measure sugar levels in blood
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back
- Lipid level tests to check cholesterol in blood, Vaginal ultrasound etc.
For Consultation contact Dr. Shiwali Makkar Obstetrician & Gynaecologist at Makkar Multispeciality Hospital located in East Delhi at email@example.com