Dermatology involves the study, research, diagnosis, and management of any health conditions that may affect the skin, fat hair, nails, and membranes. A dermatologist is the health professional who specializes in this area of healthcare.
The skin is the largest organ of the body, which acts as a barrier to protect the internal organs from injury and bacteria. It is also a good indicator of the overall health of the body, making the field important in the diagnosis and management of many health conditions.
The dermatology department offers procedures such as Cautery Epilation, Cryo-Surgery, I/L injections apart from basic clinical services. The department also offers patients diagnostic services such as skin biopsies and fungal scraping of skin, hair, and nails.
Department of Dermatology, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) and Leprosy deals with diseases related to skin, hair, and nails. Dermatology has become one of the most competitive specialties in medicine due to the incorporation of cosmetology since modern society puts a great premium on youthful looks. The department performs all dermatological procedures and has 24 hours emergency facilities.
Dermatology Key Highlights
• Well equipped to deal with all types of skin, hair and nail diseases
• 30 beds and daily OPD catering to 60+ patients
• Skin Biopsy, Cryotherapy, and Chemical Peels
• Anti-aging Therapies – Botox, Fillers, Rejuvenating Peels and Photofacials
• Microdermabrasion and Dermaroller
• Electrosurgery – Skin tags and wart removal
• Radiofrequency – Removal of warts, Acne keloid Corns Cysts, Tumors, Cysts Moles
• vitiligo Surgery – Punch Grafting and Suction Blistering Dermabrasion
Modern Technology, Equipment and Experienced Doctor
Treatments in Dermatology
There are a few sorts of dermatological treatments that might be utilized as a part of the administration of skin conditions. These may include:
- Topical medications
- Systemic medications
- Photodynamic therapy
- Laser therapy
Consultant Cosmetic Dermatologist
Public Health Specialist
Makkar Hospital – https://www.facebook.com/makkar.hospital.35