Patient & Attendant Rights
• For keeping appointments, being on time for appointments, and calling your doctor/hospital if you cannot adhere to the appointment timing.
A clear and understandable explanation by your doctor about your diagnosis, as well as the benefits and risks of each treatment, expected outcome and change in medical condition.
• For providing complete and accurate information, including your full name, address, telephone number, date of birth, particulars of next-of-kin and insurance company/TPA/employer, past illness, and medication details wherever required.
• For actively engaging in your execution plan and to keep your doctors and nurses informed of the effectiveness of your treatment.
• For your valuables. Please leave your at home and only bring necessary items.
• For treating all hospital staff, other patients and visitors with courtesy and respect; abide by the hospital rules and safety regulations; be considerate of noise levels, privacy and number of visitors; and comply with the ‘No Smoking’ policy.
• For understanding all instructions before signing the consent form.